Witham.

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
George. Is that just distance for most forum people, or that they don't fish rivers much. We have some smashing fish in the rivers and drains, big bream, tench, roach, and WEALTH of predator fishing if it's your thing?

Mar 26, 2018
stevenage
George. Is that just distance for most forum people, or that they don't fish rivers much. We have some smashing fish in the rivers and drains, big bream, tench, roach, and WEALTH of predator fishing if it's your thing?
No not distance, just that river matches are in decline for many reasons, the main one being is that the fish levels have been wiped out beyond recognition in many places.

mark_s

Administrator
Sep 4, 2011
Kingsteignton
Full Name
Mark Saunders
No not distance, just that river matches are in decline for many reasons, the main one being is that the fish levels have been wiped out beyond recognition in many places.
I don't think that's the case, there has been a massive swing back to rivers in the last few years especially with Riverfest. I know that the Welland/Witham aren't fished much these days, the Witham has been hit badly with pollution in the last couple of years.

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
I live close the Upper River and years ago that little river produced 70lb of bream in most matches. Agreed, it's not like that now, but I've had Dace to almost a pound, Chub to almost 7lb, and some good back up fish. I'm told the lower river still does some good bags of fish, mostly Bream to 8lb. The middle Trent is very underrated for big bream too, as mentioned before. Many parts of the river produced some big bream, and bags too. Richard.