Quite a simple task ????????

Last edited:

kenfish

Administrator
Sep 14, 2009
Stevenage
Full Name
Ken Kendall
My angling quest for 2020 is to get back to fishing plenty of matches and to do so I want to be able to hold a size 22 hook again without pain killers.
First up will be seeing the surgeon - end of January - with a little luck another operation before March is out - recovery over 2 to 3 months allowing me to compete at the How End 2-dayer in July. Much depends on the National Health and a lot of luck.
If all goes well then 150lbs at Todber is a realistic target

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle Esq
22 hooks are out of the question for me Ken.
same as you re the NHS need them to keep me going a little bit longer

Poolfodder

Nov 12, 2008
What’s your angling quest for 2020 ?

Mine for 2020 as follows

Bream over 10lb Natural Water
Tench over 6lb Natural Water
Ullswater Perch taken on the lure over 4lb
Roach over 3lb
More Carp on the Pellet waggler current record 23 in 2 hours
Bass on the lure
Summer Pike on the lure
Fish one of the MFS Matches
Spend time fishing with Friends

Quite a simple task ????????
Two there you might struggle with Zinky.....3lb Roach. But the hardest one..
Spending time fishing with friends...Have you made some new ones?

Ben Field

Oct 20, 2013
Cornwall
Full Name
Ben Field
Top 10 MFS Stafford Moor silvers festival result would do me. Maybe qualify for Cresta and Garbolino feeder finals at Upper Tamar. Qualifying for Feedermasters final would be nice too.

mark_s

Administrator
Sep 4, 2011
Kingsteignton
Full Name
Mark Saunders
Go fishing more and actually enjoy it, apart from the couple of mfs festivals last year I didn't enjoy fishing much.

I've decided to go in a different direction, go back to natural venues especially with Tamar, Chard and Durleigh within 90 minutes journey but that means a steep learning curve as I have always hated feeder fishing and its something that I'm going to have to learn to love!

Ben Field

Oct 20, 2013
Cornwall
Full Name
Ben Field
Good shout Mark. I packed in match fishing for about 10 years when I found myself just fishing weekly matches for the hell of it. Probably only fish 10 a year now and only on venues I like or with be people I want to be with. Hopefully you’ll get to love the feeder given some time with it. I used to hate it. Only considered it as a throw away line that I’d fish at the start of a match to let my pole line settle. Love it now that I think about it in more depth. If you don’t get on with it the Tamar matches in the latter part of the year can still be dominated on the whip.

mark_s

Administrator
Sep 4, 2011
Kingsteignton
Full Name
Mark Saunders
Good shout Mark. I packed in match fishing for about 10 years when I found myself just fishing weekly matches for the hell of it. Probably only fish 10 a year now and only on venues I like or with be people I want to be with. Hopefully you’ll get to love the feeder given some time with it. I used to hate it. Only considered it as a throw away line that I’d fish at the start of a match to let my pole line settle. Love it now that I think about it in more depth. If you don’t get on with it the Tamar matches in the latter part of the year can still be dominated on the whip.
Cheers fella, i’m going all out to try to learn to feeder fish properly