UK Data Privacy Law changes May 25th.

Nov 4, 2008
Walton on Thames
Full Name
Rick Baxter
Strict new rules about data privacy come into force on May 25th. Is the site affected and has MFS done what is needed to make sure it is not in breach as I believe the penalties are high?

Not sure what if anything needs to be done but I have been receiving opt in/out mails from just about anything i've ever signed up for or subscribed to.

Did find this document but haven't read it.

https://www.fellowshipproductions.co.uk/make-your-website-gdpr-compliant/

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
Essentially it says to businesses and organisations “If you want to offer your services or products to customers who are EU citizens,

we offer no products or services as a website . we have no charges for anything other than membership. but thanks for bringing this to my attention rick.
having read more it turns out we could be fined 4% of our turnover lol £40 lol on a more serious note i will ask neptune to glance and advise . again thanks rick

Nov 4, 2008
Walton on Thames
Full Name
Rick Baxter
4% or € 20,000,000

Probably doesn't affect us but might for example if we want to mail anyone in the future who has ever registered for the site and submitted their details.

Neptune will know.

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle
Looks like we need to clean out the data base of unwanted emails details and then look a thr registered user lists

Oct 3, 2009
Chester
www.web46.co.uk
If you store Personal Identifiable Information (PII) then you'll need to make sure your compliant.

You will also need a Privacy Policy that reflects the new GDPR rules.

You'll need a way for a member to request that their details are removed entirely not just marked as deleted.