These "Reviews"

Ben Field

Oct 20, 2013
Cornwall
Full Name
Ben Field
Is there any chance we can put a hold on the Anglers Mail stuff in this section? These "reviews" are just generic product listings with no user experience whatsoever. They're not helpful to anybody (especially containing carp and lure stuff). I feel like pages being filled with these is probably putting anybody off actually submitting a real post as to do so just means being lost in the mess.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Ben Field

Oct 20, 2013
Cornwall
Full Name
Ben Field
Have to agree, I have also asked for a sub forum to put all the Blast from the Past threads in as well as a sub forum for the "generic" reviews.
Yep, that'd be spot on. There's some great content in the blast from the past stuff, but it fills up half of the first page. Doesn't make browsing or checking out new stuff easy. I know it's only a scroll, but you want to see new stuff at the top...

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
If you read them, it seems every rod and reel is the next best thing? It would be nice to have some proper independent reviews, with the negatives as well. I've been looking for a long distance feeder rod recently, how nice it would have been then, rather than a paid consultant drooling over the product. Sadly there are no independent fishing experts about any more, all have paid jobs in the industry. JMV.

rayw

Aug 15, 2011
Leatherhead
Full Name
Ray Warren
Reviews are ok but at the end of the day the best rated rod or real may not suit you. My cheapest rod is the one I am happiest with and have caught the most fish. In the end it’s all personal preference and reviews are just a guide. Rod just needs to be good enough and suit you.

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle Esq
We just try to reflect in Angling industry and we can link direct to these reviews from the software
If you want them removed we can do this by switching off the section in the software

Hathers

Jan 8, 2009
Stamford Bridge
Full Name
Mark Hathway
If you read them, it seems every rod and reel is the next best thing? It would be nice to have some proper independent reviews, with the negatives as well. I've been looking for a long distance feeder rod recently, how nice it would have been then, rather than a paid consultant drooling over the product. Sadly there are no independent fishing experts about any more, all have paid jobs in the industry. JMV.
Hi. So I have 2 x Daiwa Airity 12/13' rods which I use to chuck a 45grm hybrid feeder up to 85mtrs for Skimmers and Bream using braid and mono with shock leaders. I matched these originally with TDR's 4 series reels but was struggling with my cast action in windy conditions. So I bought 2 castizm reels Q25A which are brilliant but now I feel the reel outguns the rod. However I've perservered and now I'm happy with the set-up for the venues and style of fishing I do. The rods have a great casting action and 3lb fish puts a nice bend in the rod. I can also go a bit further with a window feeder.....anything above that I would be looking at a castizm rod (which seem all the rage)

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle Esq
All my bomb/ feeder rods are MAP parabolix coupled with Dawia TDR reels I also have 2 other big chuck rods that I have never used one 12ft and one 13ft both Maver

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2009
Wrexham
Full Name
Alan Williams
Rich,just come across an YouTube video- Catch More Media,The Review Episode1. Both anglers (Tom Scholey and Dave Roberts)are unsponsored and are doing a series of reviewing tackle of different manufacturers. They claim it's there unbiased opinion and judging by Episode1 it's a good watch. This episode has a distance rod which may be of interest.

mark_s

Administrator
Sep 4, 2011
Kingsteignton
Full Name
Mark Saunders
Rich,just come across an YouTube video- Catch More Media,The Review Episode1. Both anglers (Tom Scholey and Dave Roberts)are unsponsored and are doing a series of reviewing tackle of different manufacturers. They claim it's there unbiased opinion and judging by Episode1 it's a good watch. This episode has a distance rod which may be of interest.
It's a good video but they are both sponsored, Dave with Bait-tech and Tom with Sensas due to fishing with Starlets. I also associate Dave with Tri-cast as he sponsored by them for years.