The "How did you get on" Thread !

Barry R

May 27, 2016
Poole
Fished the Saturday open on hillview lake at todber,,for those of you that have not been to Todber ,,there are now 3 match lakes,
2x 28 peg lakes with islands at 30mtrs , and a strip canal type lake ( far bank 25 odd meters) 16 odd pegs
match was on hilvview lake and 27 were booked on,,I drew on off the end of the spit,,,and weighed 9ib odd (crap)
alex Murray won with 80+ and you wanted 40+ for top 5,,,matches most Saturday's, and Sunday's,,,and midweekers during the summer, park right behind 90% of pegs
and it's a tackle tarts treasure chest with the best on site shop, same size as gold valley,,,
best bonus is ,,it's only 25 miles from poole, all cross country lanes, of the most beautiful places you will ever see
the standard of angers are top notch,,,,( not me)
anyway, back to my spit peg,,,good peg, as are 100% of ll the pegs on this lake,,you can win from Anywere ,,,
reco n it's the.best commie in the south west,,,
over and out,,
I fished it too. I managed to scrape a section win with 39 1/2 lb. I was a couple round from Alex just as you go on the arm (45). We were sharing the same swim lol.

I would agree about the venue. Just getting back into this fishing lark and loving it.

Are you fishing the Christmas match on 17th mate?

Jaap Stam

Dec 17, 2008
Tax Payers Stadium, Stratford.
Full Name
Martyn dwane
I fished it too. I managed to scrape a section win with 39 1/2 lb. I was a couple round from Alex just as you go on the arm (45). We were sharing the same swim lol.

I would agree about the venue. Just getting back into this fishing lark and loving it.

Are you fishing the Christmas match on 17th mate?

Blanking Baz ....back with a bang !

Adzt79

Nov 9, 2013
Littlehampton
Two days at sumners. Day one on the match lake. Carp didn't feed in the bowl as only 4 were caught. Fished for them for a while and to stop the boredom I had 12lb of silvers on a top 4 and that slowed down.

Day 2 on ribbon drew first peg on island to the right. Had two chub and 30 roach for 11lb 8oz. All the fish were in the first 5 pegs on the right side after that the lake fished rock hard.