The "How did you get on" Thread !

Pikey

Nov 11, 2008
As Squeeky seems to have deserted us, I'll kick us off this week !

I fished the East Sussex Silver Fish Championship at Sumners Pond Match lake today and after a most enjoyable day, ended up winning with 23-8-0 of mainly roach. Rick was second from the next peg with 19-8-0 so a very happy car on the way home.

How did everyone else get on ?

gooner67

Jan 4, 2012
waltham abbey
fished the Kent winter league practice match at frant lakes drew car park lake peg 10second peg on the causeway between sunken island and car park
Had 2carp and 7lb of roach for a level 20lb and 4th on weight out of46 but because of the proxy continental pay out all I picked up was section money instead of the £85 for 4th

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2009
Poole
Fished the Saturday open on hillview lake at todber,,for those of you that have not been to Todber ,,there are now 3 match lakes,
2x 28 peg lakes with islands at 30mtrs , and a strip canal type lake ( far bank 25 odd meters) 16 odd pegs
match was on hilvview lake and 27 were booked on,,I drew on off the end of the spit,,,and weighed 9ib odd (crap)
alex Murray won with 80+ and you wanted 40+ for top 5,,,matches most Saturday's, and Sunday's,,,and midweekers during the summer, park right behind 90% of pegs
and it's a tackle tarts treasure chest with the best on site shop, same size as gold valley,,,
best bonus is ,,it's only 25 miles from poole, all cross country lanes, of the most beautiful places you will ever see
the standard of angers are top notch,,,,( not me)
anyway, back to my spit peg,,,good peg, as are 100% of ll the pegs on this lake,,you can win from Anywere ,,,
reco n it's the.best commie in the south west,,,
over and out,,

Last edited:

herbie

Administrator
Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
Spent Saturday pretending to fish in terrific company . Had jim manc and doddy to my left and Pete mercer and pops to my right , plus top angler rob where's my pound bailey. Stayed. At chateau merce with lady mercer and her dog. I think Lord mercer was there but didn't notice . Sat in freezing -3 conditions wondering why , after being told hardly any carp in drumble and after watching jim catch one I played what looked like a 7lb carp bust was probably a fan tailed goldfish. Pop may and Pete were catching well whilst jim , doddy, and I moaned loudly and doddy depressed us with up to date cricket scores from India. After 3 hours we noticed a bank of freezing fog approaching and wisely legged it back down the M 6

the bard

May 19, 2009
woking
Old bury hill sat on the main lake fished hard had six bream at sixty turns for 19lb 12Oz for a win. Today hartleylands pear tree lake Sussex winter league had 50carp and a few skimmers for 41lb which only beat one in the section couldn't get any of the two or three pound fish only the poxy 10 Oz stockies

Sep 14, 2009
sw herts
Full Name
Simon Pavey
GUC Aylesbury arm on the outskirts of Aylesbury today. Bit chilly in the wind but I drew a feature peg with a bush and a bridge..

Bite a chuck across by the bush mainly roach on squatt to start with but trashed my rig on a snag, Changed to punch for the last 3 hours and I was kept busy with roach after roach but no size...
3rd in section so no cigar....

26 fished....

Feb 16, 2013
on a big hill in Dooooorset
Fixed a leaky roof on my shed Sat,cooked roast dinner today for the family oh and spilt all my split shot on the floor whilst making rigs so a trip to Todber was necessary :worked_till_5am::worked_till_5am:

Also well done Dave for starting the how did you on thread again,even though you did it on a high..........:black_eyed::barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_:eagerness::eagerness::applouse::applouse::boxing::boxing:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
on a big hill in Dooooorset
Fished the Saturday open on hillview lake at todber,,for those of you that have not been to Todber ,,there are now 3 match lakes,
2x 28 peg lakes with islands at 30mtrs , and a strip canal type lake ( far bank 25 odd meters) 16 odd pegs
match was on hilvview lake and 27 were booked on,,I drew on off the end of the spit,,,and weighed 9ib odd (crap)
alex Murray won with 80+ and you wanted 40+ for top 5,,,matches most Saturday's, and Sunday's,,,and midweekers during the summer, park right behind 90% of pegs
and it's a tackle tarts treasure chest with the best on site shop, same size as gold valley,,,
best bonus is ,,it's only 25 miles from poole, all cross country lanes, of the most beautiful places you will ever see
the standard of angers are top notch,,,,( not me)
anyway, back to my spit peg,,,good peg, as are 100% of ll the pegs on this lake,,you can win from Anywere ,,,
reco n it's the.best commie in the south west,,,
over and out,,
It is a real good set up at Todber Manor for sure Chris and its 10 mins for me:tongue-new::tongue-new:

Dec 22, 2009
South Ealing in London
Fished Royal Berkshire today , water was gin clear , 17 fished ...
top weight 26lb Of F1s , 2nd 23lb , 3rd 20lb (3 carp) 4th 17lb (2 carp) I was 5th and won my section with 11-12 (9 F1s 1 skimmer and a few small roach and perch ) temp dropped 4 degrees when we was there put stop to the fish feeding around most of the lake

The Runner

Jan 8, 2009
Uxbridge
No match so had a (long) walk down the river for a day's pleasure fishing at Uxbridge Moor. Two bites, two chub, 9-9.
Moved for the last hour of daylight to a barbel swim and got daced out.

Mike_Globe

Mar 17, 2009
Leeds
Maggotdrowning fur and feather at Lindholme, 30ish on laurels lake. Fancied anywhere apart from pegs 7 to 12, so duly drew peg 9 which is an awful winter peg, fished maggot on various lines to no avail except 3 bites mid match and 3 F1's fishing maggots at 16m on light gear.

it fished well considering the conditions with a dobbed 50lb weight plus a few 40 & 30 pound maggot weights from the higher numbered and deeper pegs.

Thats winter fishing for you!

AllanB

Aug 26, 2010
Potters Bar , Hertfordshire
Had my worst weekend fishing I can remember. 3oz on grand union at Marsworth yesterday and 2lb 4oz at Slough House today. Some good anglers blanked and some people only had 2 or 3 fish but they were bigger skimmers.

jim.w

Mar 9, 2009
The Boleyn
As Squeeky seems to have deserted us, I'll kick us off this week !

I fished the East Sussex Silver Fish Championship at Sumners Pond Match lake today and after a most enjoyable day, ended up winning with 23-8-0 of mainly roach. Rick was second from the next peg with 19-8-0 so a very happy car on the way home.

How did everyone else get on ?
Obviously a 2 pegger.!

Jul 8, 2011
Bedfordshire
The "How did you get on" Thread !

We really should have a weekly one of these regardless of who starts it .

Winter league at How End round four. Yasi's.

Buoyed by my new found ability to catch fish (previous lake results were 8th, 1st & 3rd)

Today I drew peg 1 which left me a bit uninspired but I thought it would be a good test to see if the things I had been working on we're actually there and not blind luck.

Decided not to spend my time obsessing over ide on the far shelf as I can never seem to get the shotting and depth right to actually hook the bl**** things (any advice greatly appreciated). I set a rig up for the first half an hour and surprise. No ide.

Baits for the day were maggot, pellet and pinkie. Not in that order but a little trial and error to see what they wanted today. As it happens they wanted a maggot tipped with a pinkie.

The majority of my fish came from the bottom of the far shelf. I wish I had found it sooner as I spent a little too much time on other lines.

A mixture of carp, ide and a big skimmer weighed me in 24.02. Sixth on the lake with the next two weights above me only a pound or so higher.
My partner Pete finished third on Dani's and I think we are in the top three /four pairs overall so quote me happy for now.

Pleased that I managed to get a weight out of a peg I didn't fancy. Today was the first time I didn't beat left and right of me with my left beating me by ounces so the good run is still just bout there and my confidence in my setups and feeding has improved.

Bernie H

Nov 21, 2010
High Ongar, Essex
Had my worst weekend fishing I can remember. 3oz on grand union at Marsworth yesterday and 2lb 4oz at Slough House today. Some good anglers blanked and some people only had 2 or 3 fish but they were bigger skimmers.
Where were you at Slough Allan. I'm on there with my club next week. Sounds like I'd better take some pinkies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

colbrad41

I made my 100 mile trek to Cudmore and went from 6 degrees in Northampton to -3 degrees and freezing fog at Drumble,Cudmore.
Despite this I had a good day finishing 4th in the match behind Ian Leach/Stevie May and Col Merce with 13 lb 40z of roach.( Col only beating me by 4oz)
Looking forward to returning next Saturday on Cudmore Milo hoping the weather is a little kinder but the fishing just as productive.
Col
:untroubled:

C

colbrad41

Watched the F1 Grand Prix and Darts whilst machining a load of Frostie bodies in my workshop followed by a nice cooked meal and now a few glasses of the red stuff watching Darts final on TV.:nevreness:
You should relax more Neil LOL