Tea anyone?

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
I know you match guys go for about 5 hours, just wondered if anyone still makes tea for a flask? Don't bother, to have an alternative?

kenfish

Administrator
Sep 14, 2009
Stevenage
Full Name
Ken Kendall
At How End we get plenty of hot drinks including delivery to my peg - elsewhere I take a flask of black coffee.

george tamayo

Mar 26, 2018
stevenage
fine if your fishing with Rod, pole fishing makes it a bit harder.
typical though it seems like i always get a huge wrap round when pouring a coffee, i have nearly lost my rod a good few times lol.

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
It's the same when I watch football. Every time I pop for a wee, they score a gaol. Happens far too often to just be funny?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Paul Robinson

Aug 1, 2012
Wirral
I take a flask of tea for winter but summer I drink as much water I can get to avoid a dehydration headache in the evening. I have actually perfected tea in a flask now it took much trial and error but on the money now.

Reactions: iansi

Paul Robinson

Aug 1, 2012
Wirral
Hi Alan. Like all good solutions m8 it’s a simple one. Put 2 PG bags in a 1L size flask and fill with boiling water to 3/4. Then add 1/4 milk and put the lid on. Leaving the tea bags in with the extra milk makes the perfect brew by the time you start to drink it after setting up n starting to fish. Adjust the formula depending on size of flask, or put slightly less milk in if you like it stronger, works for me as I don’t like coffee so i had to find a solution :thumbsup:
For a super red hot brew then blast the milk in the microwave till it’s boiling before you add and it’s proper nice frothy hot tea. :p
Hope your well m8 be nice to see you out next season.

Reactions: iansi

Hathers

Jan 8, 2009
Stamford Bridge
Full Name
Mark Hathway
Hi Alan. Like all good solutions m8 it’s a simple one. Put 2 PG bags in a 1L size flask and fill with boiling water to 3/4. Then add 1/4 milk and put the lid on. Leaving the tea bags in with the extra milk makes the perfect brew by the time you start to drink it after setting up n starting to fish. Adjust the formula depending on size of flask, or put slightly less milk in if you like it stronger, works for me as I don’t like coffee so i had to find a solution :thumbsup:
For a super red hot brew then blast the milk in the microwave till it’s boiling before you add and it’s proper nice frothy hot tea. :p
Hope your well m8 be nice to see you out next season.
So Paul almost has it Bang On, I copy but whilst I load the car I fill flask with the Boiled Hot Water ONLY. returning to kitchen, empty Flask back into Kettle and re-boil, add 2 T bags &, Micro'd Milk to flask and then top it off with the re-Boiled Water. On busy catching day when only a couple of cups are possible then a read Hot Tea post match is to die for!!!

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Paul. I tried your method buddy, after 50 years I've now found a way to get good tea, first to last cup. Very grateful my friend. Rich.

Oggy

Jan 29, 2009
Preston
In winter I have hot Vimto in a drinking flask that can be opened one handed so no putting the pole down. In summer its plenty of cold Vimto or if its really hot its frozen Vimto that can be used in a cool bag for bait on the weay there then it melts as the day goes on.

iansi

Ian Simpson
Jun 18, 2010
Wirral
Paul. I tried your method buddy, after 50 years I've now found a way to get good tea, first to last cup. Very grateful my friend. Rich.
For gods sake don't encourage him into thinking he's some kind of tea supremo..........more like a tea urchin!

Glen.

May 1, 2013
Essex
Full Name
glen butler
I know you match guys go for about 5 hours, just wondered if anyone still makes tea for a flask? Don't bother, to have an alternative?
Coffee for me in winter. 5 spoons of coffee, 4 sugars in a 1 ltr flask with milk. One thing i have started doing, because i don't eat on the bank, is taking a protein shake with me made with cold milk. i drink this a couple of hours in and its improved my late match performance no end. It also stops me eating s*** on the way home, or eating everything in the fridge when i get home. In the warmer months i just swap the coffee for water.