Roach venues.

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Apart from the river Trent, does anyone know of large still-waters near Newark thats worth a try for decent roach. It seems the winter is set to get harder and I fancy a bit of feeder fishing for these wonderful fish. Had an afterthought are any of the Lincs drains worth a try, roach, the odd bream. Just fancy wetting aline really?

Thanks all.

Rich.

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
Not sure we have many members from around newark rich.come to that not that many who know what a roach is lol. Suggest you pm jim manc who fishes that area now and again

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Herbie.:D:D:D You mean its all carp puddles :eek::eek: I know the feeling, but each to their own I say. So where is everyone mostly from? I know there is a water Packington, but it's just a touch too far for me? thanks Rich.

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
All over rich lots from london, Manchester, Wrexham, some of us from the south west, we even have some from Liverpool , we don’t mention them , some from stoke , Worcester, south east, leatherhead, molesey, Leicester, we are a broad family who occasionally get together.

Andy G

Jun 22, 2009
In the rudd peg
Ryecroft, Little John Lakes, Hallcroft, Aldercar I think all offer decent winter silvers sport. Non commercial the Glen at Pinchbeck and the Welland at Spalding are very good - though you wouldn't use a feeder on the latter two.
And of course you could always chance your arm at Holme Pierrpont.

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Thanks Andy, grateful. I did e-mail Hallcroft, but got no reply from them. Funny how some-places don't seem as good as others when it comes to anglers advice. Rich.