New seatbox

Drmiggy

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
Full Name
Ian Grimes
Hi Guys, I’m looking for a new seatbox, like to carry rather than a trolley so not too heavy, am a bit of a tackle tart! Which ones would you recommend? I have one eye on the new Maver MV-R Z frame - any comments good or bad?

Last edited:

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle Esq
My view is if you carry keep it simple just a few draws and hardly any accessories......... weights is the key

Last edited:

Drmiggy

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
Full Name
Ian Grimes
Carried out a bit of research, posh word for googled it, people seem to love them or hate them, bit like marmite. I’m slowly getting convinced the D25 is for me. Just emailed in for the weight with baitwaiter, swivel tray and bump bar. That will decide for me. Although I really like the ultra light one, I’m not getting any younger

Drmiggy

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
Full Name
Ian Grimes
I spoke to Rick from Octbox, a good chat and some sound advice. And After a long debate with myself and the credit card company I finally succumbed to the D25. ordered tonight!

Drmiggy

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
Full Name
Ian Grimes
Wee update. Despite parcelforce attempting to bluff me with a spurious delivery date, my Octbox arrived today. My initial view was a great piece of engineering. I thought it was supposed to come built, so was surprised about the number of bits. However enjoyed assembling it. I got it all together but an unscheduled visit by the latest granddaughter held me back! Anyway, back too the box, I am really tempted to stick all the Preston extras on it and make it too heavy. So I decided to really think through what I’m going to attach, work for this weekend. The wife thinks I’ve lost the plot sitting on the box in the garage pretending to fish. I’ve got the height set and gone knobless. Further update to follow, only negative so far is with the swivel tray that is opposite to what is advertised and the tray swings around on the wrong side, I think!

Drmiggy

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
Full Name
Ian Grimes
Ok guys, the final verdict. Overall very pleased with the purchase. I have to be realistic and say I still need wheels! Like the fact I can strip the platform off for short sessions in the winter, then don’t need them wheels. Well made and will last a long time, platform can stick if not pulled out carefully. The swivel tray is the other way round than the one advertised and I will speak to Rick on that one. Baitwaiter and the way it stores are excellent, bump bar feels good. Went for 2 trays and after i really analysed what is needed, there is plenty of room. The only Preston additions I have fitted are a pole sock, ripple bar and top section roost. With all those permanently fitted you could carry it comfortably for a short distance. Thanks to all who contributed to my decision. So now I’m going to treat myself to some new luggage, any advice on best makes?

Drmiggy

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Ireland
Full Name
Ian Grimes
Before the big weigh in and for preciseness, the swivel tray, bump bar and lid for baitwaiter are in my carryall. So the weight includes 4 x 2 pint bait boxes, draws full loaded, baitwaiter attached, extension bar fitted with platform. Total weight all in is 43lbs. Like I say earlier you wouldn’t want to be carrying it to far