New Pole Anxiety.

Blobby

Jan 6, 2009
Manchester
Full Name
Ian Mason
Just before lockdown I treated myself to a new (second hand but barely used) high end pole. A Drennan Acolyte Pro to be exact. It was a retirement present to myself. I’d saved up for it and had the money waiting for two years until I finally took the plunge.

But now having spent such a large amount on the pole I’m almost too frightened to use it. When I fish the local park lake Monday night opens I’m always conscious of families walking past and go to extremes to make sure it’s nowhere near anyone when I ship back.

Today in the wind I just felt anxious all the time, scared that the rollers would blow over and damage it.

Does anybody else suffer from the affliction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blobby

Jan 6, 2009
Manchester
Full Name
Ian Mason
Nothing to worry about, almost every section on my pole has a repaired joint, good as ever.
Yeah I know, my last pole kept Danny Sixsmith in beer for years:) There’s just something about a new pole and trying to keep it looking like new and not ruining the perfection.........I get it.........I’m weird:)

Ruddyroach

Feb 25, 2009
Runcorn cheshire
Full Name
Steven Parker
Get it used and enjoy your fishing. Get it on your house insurance so if you do break a section you can get it replaced. Without costing you a fortune

Les H

Mar 14, 2011
Nantwich
Full Name
Les Hobson
I broke a section on my brand new Airity at Hampton Springs before I had even tied a rig to it. Accidents happen and I have repairs all over my poles. Simple solution, use your old pole at the park and your new one anywhere else. From what I've seen of it you need all the practice you can get with it!

Blobby

Jan 6, 2009
Manchester
Full Name
Ian Mason
I broke a section on my brand new Airity at Hampton Springs before I had even tied a rig to it. Accidents happen and I have repairs all over my poles. Simple solution, use your old pole at the park and your new one anywhere else. From what I've seen of it you need all the practice you can get with it!
I ain’t got an old pole anymore, sold it to help fund this one, unless you count my Tri-Cast Challenger. I’ve kept that for old times sake as it was my first carbon pole. I managed to break that too!
Broke a couple of poles before using them, a Shakespeare Superteam, my first ever brand spanking new pole, snapped a top kit measuring it out in my garden and did the same when I bought my Drennan Logic.