Matrix slik elastic issues?

mickyd

Jan 9, 2009
Bracknell
Has anyone had any issues with the orange and green as its rotting badly after only six months any thoughts on a replacement elastic. I thought it was the dogs danglies when i first started using it but its got to go

Merce

Feb 1, 2009
Cheshire
Mick, I switched to Slik for this summer and am still forming an opinion. I have noticed that the colour goes quite quickly, especially in the bits exposed to the light. But I don’t think this is the same as the elastic rotting - when I ran the sun bleached bits across my lips (ooo er missus) it didn’t seem to have degraded too much. I have Slik in 6 top kits and have had to replace them once this summer, which is about the same as last summer using Preston Dura Hollo.

Sep 24, 2012
End peg of course
Had the same issue Mick with the yellow and orange. The yellow lasted 2 sessions then it just went brittle and snapped under very little pressure,
the orange went the same way, had it two top kits both rotted over the winter in my holdall. got them out at Bury hill two weeks back and both were useless. I have the green too which is going but is still useable at present but its hardly had any use. Bad batch maybe?
But to be honest most elastics don't last these days. I have had other elastics wrecked after two or 3 sessions too!

Sep 24, 2012
End peg of course
Lol Affers!
But to be serious its an issue, The fashion for lighter elastics and pulla kits is ok for the sponsored angler who get their
elastic free but with weights getting higher and higher you just don't get your moneys worth out of hollows anymore
Tried em all and you might as well buy the cheapest you can get hold of. in my opinion of course!