Have you noticed

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle
Have you noticed how the big online tackle shops have not got much stock, Tackle shops by me are finding it hard to get supplies of some important items, ground bait and pellets of the popular brands are in short supply.
I have been stocking up ready for Brexit.
What’s your take on the subject

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle
Called in Angling direct on my way home did a stocking up but no pigeons or bread

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2008
Walton on Thames
Full Name
Rick Baxter
Many of the big online shops have always been short on stock. They advertise products they don't actually have and then try to order them in quickly when someone wants something. Is the way they manage cash flow and inventory.

Jabjab

Julie Abbott
May 5, 2011
Notts
A lot of places shut longer at Christmas and many do stock take and auditing so not sending deliveries out as normal. As least that’s my view ha ha ha ;)

Zinky

Administrator
Oct 17, 2008
Cheshire
Full Name
Chris Royle
asking in my local shops one issue is the suppliers are asking for large/minimum order value etc, which puts pressure on the smaller tackle shops.
Even a few of the big boys are under pressure ( Fishing Republic) having been saved in recent weeks

Jaap Stam

Dec 17, 2008
Tax Payers Stadium, Stratford.
Full Name
Martyn dwane
minimum order values can be a pain in the butt this time of year for us here at our camping shop as well, you can run out of a couple of items and the manufacturer / wholesaler wants £200/300 plus minimum order, thankfully a lot of them have seen sense and apply a £10.00 charge for orders under that amount, it cuts the profit margin down but gets goodsd on the shelf for customers to buy.

You cannot trade from an empty cart .