Braid for feeder rod?

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Guys.

Is the Preston braid any good. It's for distance bream fishing I'm thinking about the .12 is the bigger size better for less tangles please? Cheers, Richard.

Z

Zinky

BuygoodTackle and Ammo put me onto some decent braid from China seams reasonable stuff and does not cost a bl**** fortune

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Just brought some from Wish, about £7 for 300 meters, so two rods for me. When it arrives I'll let you know, Richard.

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Buygoodtackle. That braid came today on the face of it, it looks very good for the money. Time will tell and I'll load it on Friday, I got the grey colour, subtle smooth. Thanks for the heads up. Rich.

garethevans1986

Gareth Evans
Oct 3, 2009
Chester
www.web46.co.uk
I've had the chinese braid before....it's rough compared to others on the market. I've used Daiwa, Matrix and Colmics braid in the past and have settled on Colmic braid as it's far smoother in comparison.
Anybody elses braid is about ~£20 a spool, it isnt cheap but just think about how it's damaging your rod rings too!

Nov 23, 2019
Lincs
Full Name
Richard Barrett
Gareth. This is not rough at all. I've used braid before on spinning rods and on drop-shot using the Daiwa 8 as an example. This seems as good, but time will tell. Its clear again these braids have a high mark up on an original price, as many UK sold things are. I will feedback and bin it if its not good on the rod. However when you can find them this stuff has good reviews. I should also say i've had the rough stuff too buddy. But this was suggested by a forum member, so you have to test that. Rich.