Additives and pongy stuff

Ruddyroach

Feb 25, 2009
Runcorn cheshire
Full Name
Steven Parker
Dose anyone use above I've always used plain screttings or coppens straight from the bag. But the more I watch YouTube big carp lads seem to glug spray or dip everything in some sort of stinky or colourant type stuff.. do you lot use colours or smelly stuff on pellets or ground bait??
Just wondered

Z

Zinky

Dabbled now and again but tend not to these days, far to many gimmicks on the market

mark_s

Administrator
Sep 4, 2011
Kingsteignton
Full Name
Mark Saunders
Ruddy, I do but it really depends on what venue I'm fishing and what I'm fishing for. I really like the dynamite pellet soaks and mainline cell syrup on pellets, I also do glug dead maggots with liquids too before freezing.

RobB

Jan 5, 2009
Bollington
Full Name
Robert Bailey
If thats what you are watching on you tube you need to get out more:tongue: .... I have bought some molasses but not sure if its the molasses or me that still carn,t catch:rolleyes:

Oggy

Jan 29, 2009
Preston
I've always liked adding a bit of sweet stuff when fishing for skimmers and bream, initially Brasem but now the Dynamites yellow soak (and too be honest there aint much between them flavour wise). For punch fishing on canals I add a bit of pineapple flavouring but it doesnt seem to work when fishing for roach any other time.

For natural or clear commies I think the colour can be more important and I much prefer a yellow tinged pellet or groundbait for skimmers and bream.

Is it a confidence thing? I dont know.