A match at last!

kenfish

Administrator
Sep 14, 2009
Stevenage
Full Name
Ken Kendall
Thursday evening will be my first competitive fish since lockdown began.
Pebs at How End has encompassed the social distancing guide lines - pools paid via PayPal etc.
I'm popping over tomorrow to get some rigs sorted.
Tarnya has allocated me Yasis peg 6 while over 60's champion Malcolm Theakston will be at peg 7 on a very full lake - it should be 'match conditions'

kenfish

Administrator
Sep 14, 2009
Stevenage
Full Name
Ken Kendall
Thursday evening will be my first competitive fish since lockdown began.
Pebs at How End has encompassed the social distancing guide lines - pools paid via PayPal etc.
I'm popping over tomorrow to get some rigs sorted.
Tarnya has allocated me Yasis peg 6 while over 60's champion Malcolm Theakston will be at peg 7 on a very full lake - it should be 'match conditions'
The sun hid behind cloud all day at How End yesterday but the fish continued to feed well for all.
My disappointments came from being twice broken by what I presume were barbel. The first, having torn off with my expander, snapped the 0.14 hook length when I attempted to pull it from under the feet of Mr Theakston at the next peg. The second failure was much worse as I lost a 10 year old Hill Billy original paste float - it was probably foul hooked, often a problem when I'm on paste, but what power to snap 12 -14 elastic at the Dacron knot!
I did land barbel to over 5lbs yet must find time this morning to upgrade a few bits of tackle before tonight's match.

kenfish

Administrator
Sep 14, 2009
Stevenage
Full Name
Ken Kendall
Come on Ken we are all waiting with bated breath, how did you get on?
My performance was very much as per my norm - terrible.
Our first match at How End since lockdown was last night's evening match held on Yasis. What a start for Pete Archer on peg 2! Within seconds of swinging a grain of corn out Pete was playing a good sized carp then before some of us had baited a hook he was landing another. His thoughts of fishing for ide were soon forgotten and two & three quarter hours later a winning 94lbs 8ozs was put on the scales. Runner-up on peg 5 was Terry Lancaster whose 76lb return contained a stunning 54lbs of ide. Terry kept the fish in front of him with loose fed maggot. Barbel and carp for Darryl at peg 14 gave him third place with 68lbs 8ozs, he was knocked back a couple of lbs but still beat Titch (66-14 @ peg 7), Pip (54 - 4 @ peg 10), Pete (53 - 14 @ peg 8), Vic (44 - 0 @ peg 4), Mark (37 - 8 @ peg 12), Nick (33 - 8 @ peg 15), Kevin (25 - 12 @ peg 11), Ken (20 - 8 @ peg 17) and Alfie (11 - 12 @ peg1)