A call to Arms...

Sep 25, 2009
Nottingham
www.resolve1.co.uk
This is my first visit to MFS for ages, I didn't even know if the site was still going, but delighted to see that it is.

As others have said, time marches on, but it's a shame that the site seems just a shadow of what it once was.

BNF certainly seems to be portrayed as the villain of the piece and it does appear that his attention dwindled significantly towards the end of his tenure.

However, as to CL funds, I had a lengthy phone conversation with BNF after he left the site and he assured me with his explanation.....

Good luck with the site for the future, hope it goes well Herbie, Zinky et al...

fuctifikno

Nov 28, 2018
Tied to a pc
www.aamf.co.uk
Full Name
Paul Law
Welcome back Mr Law you still puffing like a daddie

By the way your account looks ok from the part I can see, not sure why you can’t login
It worked about 2 months ago I managed to make a post on a brolly thread I recall and using my original board name, now I can only get to the front end and cannot proceed any further new name works fine though

fuctifikno

Nov 28, 2018
Tied to a pc
www.aamf.co.uk
Full Name
Paul Law
However, as to CL funds, I had a lengthy phone conversation with BNF after he left the site and he assured me with his explanation.....
Did he use the term "with all due respect" or "But" :)

I can tell you now the money was short and even in his own words ( im sure the thread is in the vault somewhere) he kept money from his last year in charge for the next year which MFS as far as I'm aware has never seen,

Like David Not interested in a "Our site is better than yours" exchange however Herbie to answer your question

We have had quite a few matches sold out north of the Thames as we haven't had any south of it, glebe x 2 boddingtons x 2 Meadowlands x 1 Barston x2 I believe we was 1 short on lawn farm and 2 short on Wold farm, quite a few sold out at Lake john Slough House Southend Farm in fact its been the matches in the south east that have been a bit moody for us Gold valley cancelled for reasons i mentioned Monks was poorly taken up until Sam stepped in and facebooked the crap out of it, we had an awful Rookery as the entire country was covered in the white stuff and the 2nd clashed and a couple of dropouts on the recent slough house I think your always going to get people drop out but thats where Facey can help it puts places available in front of people

Anyway nice to be able to log in again and good to see some of the old gang still around time to get back to my cave whittle a walking stick and deal with my comb over

Peace out

Ant C

Oct 3, 2018
Winsford
Full Name
Anthony cotton
Can I just ask WTF is going on, I’ve just come back to MFS after nearly 4 years away, after reading this I wonder why I bothered.
It used to be a really good crack, what’s gone wrong guys

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
Can I just ask WTF is going on, I’ve just come back to MFS after nearly 4 years away, after reading this I wonder why I bothered.
It used to be a really good crack, what’s gone wrong guys
Where would you like me to start.
People just got older and drifted away from angling. Others stayed away for 4 years . Many started there own site and are doing quite well
If you paid a tenner i will gladly refund you

Ant C

Oct 3, 2018
Winsford
Full Name
Anthony cotton
Herbie I stayed away for 4 years because of serious illness and numerous operations, so if that was a pop at me “don’t”!
I can’t remember asking for a refund!
As I said in my comment, what is going on and what has happened to the good spirit that I associated to the site, having only read a few of the comments I quickly realised there was something wrong.

buygoodtackle

Administrator
Jan 8, 2009
Calne
www.wheatnotcasters.blog
Full Name
Bryan Jackson
Can I reiterate what this thread is about - it is about where we want this site to go and become. It is not about creating a membership drive or harking back to what has taken place in the past, it is purely and simply a way to express what YOU want this site to become, be it articles, regular matches, regional matches, mini-festivals or any thing else under the sun!

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
Ant think back to four years ago and the anglers who attended those matches

Most are gone i could list them but whats the point there gone
What we are left with is a genuine membership. next year we will after paying out loads this year Plough back into a new comp or the c/l revitalised we should have enough to make it attractive enough to rebuild our site

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
Ant think back to four years ago and the anglers who attended those matches

Most are gone i could list them but whats the point there gone
What we are left with is a genuine membership. next year we will after paying out loads this year Plough back into a new comp or the c/l revitalised we should have enough to make it attractive enough to rebuild our site
Think I will take up your offer of a refund.
Don’t think I want to be involved with YOUR club
I will ask ken to send your money back
And delete your membership asap

herbie

Jan 7, 2009
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Full Name
Irvine Michael Hornby
how the fu@k was i or anyone else supposed to know you had been ill ???? wind your neck in son we have just lost a great friend and right now i don't need people who i have no idea who the fu@k they are pi@@ing me off. i apologised although a didn't need too i still did . send me you email and i will pay you the ten quid personally.

Poolfodder

Nov 12, 2008
Ant you used to have a much longer fuse than you seem to have now. It's not Herbies site It's our site although he has done a lot more than most to keep things going.
In answer to your original question Herbie was right, things change, some like yourself just drifted away there are a few of us still fishing matches
Col Mercer his brother Pete myself etc. Churchy for instance just packed in fishing altogether.
Anyway how are you? What part of the world are you living in? I last remember you in the Oxford area, you still fishing.

Ant C

Oct 3, 2018
Winsford
Full Name
Anthony cotton
Hey up Steve, your right about my fuse! Didn’t expect the sarcasm and reacted before engaging brain!!!!
I’m getting there , managed to fish a few matches recently and thought I would renew my membership , it’s unrecognisable from when I had to pack in, hence me asking WTF was going with the site.
I obviously thought it was just gonna be the same and I could just jump into fishing matches again with the same bunch of lads.
Think your memory is on its way out, I live about 5 miles from you! In sunny Winsford ☀️

Poolfodder

Nov 12, 2008
Fishing with Pete Merce Sunday (20min drive from you) If you fancy it. We are sussing out a new silvers water for future matches.
In fact anyone who fancies a go is more than welcome. Tell Herbs to keep your tenner you'll still get your monies worth on the site, maybe don't mention his arris this time though LOL.

RobB

Jan 5, 2009
Bollington
Full Name
Robert Bailey
Well there you go let's have the "How have you got on" threads back. Let us know how bottom flash fishes please Ant. And how your new venue fishes please Steven.